It doesn’t matter if your party is retro-themed or if you’re all about the modern music – a karaoke machine will always liven up a party, no matter the age range. You can be completely sober or entirely drunk and still have a blast while adding a dash of cringe and secondhand embarrassment to the mix.
If you’re someone who takes your karaoke parties very seriously, then you may want to upgrade your system and blow your friends out of the water with your thoughtfulness and incredible talent.
The Best Karaoke Machines Reviews 2018
Grand Videoke Symphony 2.0 Plus
First on our list is an incredible microphone that puts the karaoke machine right in the palm of your hands – the mic itself!
Featuring more than 6,000 songs, these portable and dynamic sets allow you to play and bang out the hit songs of the year (or the decade) of your choosing.
While they’re professional and wireless microphones, they’re easy enough for kids or for the elderly to use and have fun with. You can also hook up other mics so more than 2 people can sing at once – go for four and form your own band!
The genres of songs include party favorites, modern songs, duets, 80s, 90s, and all-time classics for those that want a child-appropriate party. Featuring a charging station like a phone, you can place the microphones on the stand while also being able to transport them with ease. No worrying about lugging around a set of speakers or a screen when you can hook up wirelessly and go!
- Suitable for those who know Tagalog, too!
- Portable for those that like to bring the party wherever they go
- Base does not actually charge batteries; you need to buy batteries for both microphones
- You have to pay for new songs
- No screen included, but they can be bought anywhere
- Enjoy all the songs you want and create #GrandMoments!
- Now with more than 6,000 Built-in songs, you can enjoy the widest repertoire of songs from the Newest Hits to Party Favorites, Duets, 90's, 80's, and All-Time...
- A fusion of 2 professional wireless microphone technology, designed for a louder and clearer voice pick-up and effortless singing!
Peavey Audio Performer Pack
This karaoke machine is one for those who like to party and perform as if they’re famous.
Coming equipped with two full speaker stands, (that measure 10-inches by 10-inches for the speaker part alone), two PVi cardioid microphones – dynamic, as well as 4B mixers.
If you want to make sure that your microphone picks up your instruments and every pronounced word, you’re going to want these dynamic microphones. You don’t have to use it for just karaoke, either, as you can hook up the speakers and the microphones for events in general and use it as a multi-purpose event tool for schools, coffee shop performers, and more.
The rotary controls that are on the mixer of this machine allow you to adjust the sound as perfectly as possible, while being able to manage inputs/outputs.
- You can hook it up to microphone
- Not solely a karaoke machine – can be used for events or churches
- Can play songs with an adapter, depending on the device
- No additional equipment needed to get started (no amp needed)
- Doesn’t feature a screen with lyrics for specific karaokeing – but great for all events and those who can use a phone for lyrics or know all the words!
Singtrix Party Bundle Premium Edition
Last on our list is a fantastic setup that has everything you need to get started. Choose from accessories for the full party bundle to get started!
Featuring a microphone, stand, effects, songs, vocal enhancements, amp, and free lyric videos, you’ll be able to make yourself sound like a superstar for a night while showing off that you know all of the lyrics to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song.
- Comes with thousands of free YouTube videos and lyrics
- Has vocal effects installed – make yourself sound amazing
- Custom microphone with HIT control for activating harmonies – be a pro!
- Price is a little high, but definitely well worth it for those in search of incredible entertainment
- Only karaoke system endorsed by celebrities & featured on hit shows: SharkTank, Ellen, The View, Today Show
- Greatest innovation to the singing experience since karaoke was invented. Only patented plug & play karaoke machine powered by live vocal effects technology...
- Helps make bad singers sound good, good singers sound amazing! Designed to feel like a concert performance & sound like a recording studio.
So What’s the Best Karaoke Machine on the Market?
All the machines listed here are worth buying – especially for those party-hard adults that think secondhand embarrassment is incredibly entertaining.
If you’d like to know which one of the aforementioned models that we’d choose, we think the Peavey Audio Performer Pack is a fantastic option. Better suited for those that entertain often with karaoke, this set may not be for those that want just to hang out and karaoke with their teen kids every now and then.
Are you someone that owns an entertainment rental company? This is also a fantastic and affordable option for you!
Karaoke Machine Buying Guide
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Karaoke Machine
While you may think that the appearance of the microphones or the loudness of the speakers are the most important features, there are other factors that you should consider before taking the plunge. Let’s waste no time and jump right in:
Portability – besides ease of use, portability is an incredible factor. You may not always party or karaoke at the same place, and you may want to entertain without people drinking and driving. Stay at your home and avoid the bar or bring the karaoke party to another’s house. You don’t want a machine that’s from the 90’s and incredibly bulking (I’m looking at you MTV karaoke machine with that screen in it).
Of course, portability isn’t always about being able to carry it from place to place easily. Some machines actually require disassembling before moving, or else you won’t have much luck. If this isn’t in your cards, then you may want to look into how portable a machine really is.
Built-in screen – during my outrage of bulky 90’s karaoke machines, you may have seen me address that specific karaoke machine with the built-in screen. While I detest extremely bulky or heavy karaoke machines, you should always look for a machine that has a built-in screen, so you can actually see the lyrics, the parts assigned to what singer, and when to sing it. If you don’t have a smartphone and don’t feel like hooking it up to your television, the on-screen monitor is efficient and convenient.
Video camera – while not totally necessary, those that want to document their cringy drunk nights with their friends will want to invest in a machine that has a video camera. It’s not a total “must have” for many, but who would deny a machine with this feature if the price is nice?
Recording options – some people purchase karaoke machines in order to record themselves singing over free instrumentals. If this is something you or your child wants to take advantage of, we highly suggest looking into the ones that have a USB port or ones that have an SD card slot to record and save your beautifully sung karaoke songs.
Microphones and speakers – last but not least, you shouldn’t really spend money on a machine that doesn’t come with microphones or speakers. Who wants to invest a crazy amount into an unfinished product from a lazy manufacturer? Not us.
Other things to consider include the following:
- How many people you’re entertaining
- How often you actually sing karaoke
- Do you have enough space or an entire kit, or are you looking for something incredibly small?
- What level of noise are you allowed to make? – this one is purely for those that scream their heart out to Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas Is You.
- Is this set for adults or for children? If it’s for children, your price point may not be as high
The Types of Karaoke Machines
Now, before we start going into detail about our favorite karaoke machines, you might want to know the different types of machines and pinpoint which may be right for your lifestyle.
Microphone karaoke machines – No, this doesn’t mean a karaoke machine with microphones, this style of karaoke machine is one that is a microphone. The microphone of choice is pre-loaded with karaoke songs, allowing you to connect the microphone right to the stereo or television. If you choose the television, you can see the lyrics projected onto the screen and sing your heart out.
Pocket karaoke machines – An incredibly small device that’s typically in the form of a handheld device, you’ll usually have to look towards the LCD screen where you select the song of your choosing. Typically, there are thousands of videos and mp3s loaded onto this kind, and they’re quite portable for small get together.
While these are the more rare ones, you’ll probably see the following on your hunt for the perfect karaoke machine:
- CD karaoke machines
- All-in-one karaoke machines (the most standard type with: microphones, screens, lyrics, songs, speakers, etc.)